- This event has passed.
Mt Pleasant SEPTA: “ABCs of ADHD: Attention Doesn’t Half Describe It” with Dr. Mark Bertin
May 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 824 8590 7874
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,82485907874#,,,,*248370# US (New York)
+13017158592,,82485907874#,,,,*248370# US (Washington DC)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/ke3Mu23kl
“ABCs of ADHD: Attention Doesn’t Half Describe It”
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a medical disorder not of attention, but of self-regulation. It is a complex disorder that affects potentially any aspect of life, from education and peer relations to overall health. It is vital for any parent, educator or provider to create an organized and flexible plan to manage this complex, chronic medical disorder. Understanding both ADHD and what to do about it can impact a child’s entire future. This talk will answer practical questions, such as, What are common ADHD symptoms beyond focus, impulsivity and hyperactivity, and how does ADHD relate to executive function? Why does ADHD impact everything from academics to stress, obesity to peer relations? This lecture includes up to date research into both medical and non-medical treatments of ADHD, as well as signs that may indicate children have it … or do not. It covers diagnosis, common conditions that occur along with ADHD, and research-based medical, behavioral, educational and complementary care.
• To clarify the medical basis of ADHD and its implication around self-regulation as a whole
• To understand the role of executive function in ADHD care
• To review common symptoms and diagnosis of ADHD across childhood
• To review evidence-based treatments for ADHD in early childhood
• To create an organized approach to managing all components of ADHD care at home, school and medically