- This event has passed.
MFY – Mindfulness and Self Compassion for ADHD with Dr. Mark Bertin
May 27, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm EDT
A practice of self-compassion has been shown to improve our well-being, motivation, and how we treat people around us. Researchers have demonstrated that from childhood to adulthood, counter to often feared, letting go of perfectionism and self-criticism provides huge benefits in life. It’s not a new-age cry that everyone is perfect as they are, but the opposite – it’s building the ability to tackle challenges with the same benefit of the doubt you would give a close friend. It’s even more vital with ADHD, because of chronic struggles with life-management, executive function-based, skills that undermine self-confidence and self-image. Without self-compassion, it becomes that much harder to stay motivated and get a handle on ADHD. For parents, teens, and adults, a healthy dose of self-compassion goes a long way to managing ADHD with more persistence, skill, and success.
1. To recognize the impact of ADHD on self-confidence and self-esteem.
2. To understand the impact of low self-confidence and self-esteem on motivation and resilience.
3. To understand the impact of low self-confidence and self-esteem on emotion and behavior towards others.
4. To explain research in self-compassion on its own and in relation to ADHD
5. To introduce self-compassion practices applicable in everyday life